Saturday, September 20, 2014

Whatever happened to ... Leonor Varela?


Usually I ask a question like this when I haven't seen news about a particular person in the news or on screen or on the Internet for awhile.  Usually they have moved on to a different phase of their career.  Sometimes they've moved on to a different career or calling.

This case is slightly different.  I always thought Leonor Varela was one of the best aspects of the somewhat ridiculous Blade II.  She died a somewhat poignant death for blood-sucking vampire.  But I didn't see her getting roles in anything else after that.

Well, as many women do, she did move on to the calling of motherhood, and the article I happened to encounter was news that she was pregnant with her second child:


'We're happy to share this wonderful news': Dallas star Leonor Varela, 41, announces she's pregnant with her second child by posting bump shot

The article also notes that she's been getting work besides the Dallas reboot - in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and an upcoming movie called Ride. Good. Also good that the father of the first child is apparently the father of the second too, though they aren't married.  ***** Update 9/23/2014:  After I posted this link in a tweet, Leonor Varela herself replied to me and gave me a thumbs-up, but added that she is married to the father (producer Lucas Akoskin) of her children, born and yet-to-be-born.  I went back and read the article and in my defense, it never called him her husband, and that  would have been easy to do.  But I could have checked Wikipedia or IMDb, too.




No comments: