Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Crystal Palace finish - 10th


While Chelsea won the Premier League cup, Crystal Palace managed to finish 10th, by winning on the final day.  And that is a heck of an achievement for a team that just came up the previous season, and which struggled with poor starts both last season and this.


Crystal Palace 1-0 Swansea: Alan Pardew targets four signings after his side complete their quest to finish in the top ten with Jason Puncheon starring for the Eagles at Selhurst Park

I don't think they'll be contenders for the top spot anytime soon, given how much money the top teams command, but I think they'll be fun to watch (and not just because they might drop down into the relegation zone).

‘It’s remarkable to finish 10th. I wouldn’t believe me had you told me,’ [manager] Pardew said. ‘Our record has been phenomenal. The chairman’s got an extra £4million tonight, and I’ll be trying to take it off him. We don’t have to speculate. We can buy quality. We’ve had conversations and try to feel the market.’

No comments: