Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A long way to go for dinner


I looked at this Web feature to find out how well-traveled in the culinary world I am, and the answer is:  not very.

49 meals everyone should eat in their lifetime

After going through the listed 49, I've had a grand total of (drum roll) ---

THREE.   Beignets at the Cafe du Monde, lobster roll in Bar Harbor, and poutine in Montreal.  And I've also been to Katz's Deli, but I didn't have the pastrami.  I probably should have.  And I've had pizza in Italy (but not in Naples).

Now, I don't think I'll have any shot at all 49.   But I would like to get up to 6.  So my goals are fish and chips in London, fish tacos in Mexico, and a sachertorte in Vienna.  And I might be able to get a white clam pizza in New Haven, too (pictured below).






No comments: