Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Lighthouse of the Week, Nov. 29 - Dec. 5, 2015: J.C.J. van Speijk, The Netherlands


I was checking back in my archives and discovered that although I have posted Lighthouses of the Week from several Scandinavian countries, I had not posted one from the Netherlands.  So I went happily searching for a lighthouse from the Netherlands, and I found one that doubles as a monument.

So this week's Lighthouse of the Week is the J.C.J. van Speijk lighthouse, which is on the North Sea, as are probably most of the lighthouses in the Netherlands.

It's located in Egmond aan See, which I'm guessing translates as roughly "Egmond on the Sea".

Here's a video with five facts about it (that's different).





Here's a short (translated) Web site about it: Lighthouse J.C.J. van Speijk Egmond - Lighthouse

Here's Wikipedia on Jan van Speyk:  Jan van Speyk

And here are three pictures:






No comments: