Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Dis que ce n'est pas vrai

 

That phrase translates from French as "Say it is not true".  I tried to translate "Say it isn't so", but couldn't quite get it right.

Anyway, this was apparently the reaction of much of the French populace when three women on the beach were requested to cover their exposed tetons (nipples, i.e., they were topless, as is customary on the beaches of France in many places) by the local police.

It turns out that the police may have too forcefully told the women to cover up, because there was another family with children that didn't want the children to see other women in their wild natural state.

But still, it was interpreted as an affront (as opposed to an abback) to traditional French practice.  

Now, I find it a darned shame when an otherwise artistically gorgeous nude photograph on Instagram is marred by some awkward and artificial cover-upping of the tetons.  I admit to admiring women in their wild, natural state.  I guess it's too bad I'm not French.

Fury as topless sunbathers are told to cover breasts by French police


You will note that I have practiced restraint by not illustrating this post.  I was quite tempted.




No comments: