Friday, April 2, 2021

Care for a ride?

 

I'm not wealthy;  I don't live in a big house;  I don't drive a sports car (though I had a cut-rate version once);  I don't eat in fancy restaurants;  I don't belong to a country club;  I just basically live a middle class life.  I don't envy the wealthy, though I wonder what I would do if I had a lot more money.  I hope I'd give some of it to charity and use it wisely.    So I don't wish to have the perks of extreme wealth, and I don't need them.

But I sure would like to fly in a private supersonic jet once.

Aerion AS3 supersonic airliner to reach Mach 4+ and carry 50 passengers

Note, however, that this plane is being planned.  Before that, they're going to start building a 12-passenger, Mach 1.4 plane in 2023, and they are already orders for 300 of them, including an order for 20 from Berkshire Hathaway.

Here's what the AS2 might look like.  I'll take a picture of the real one when I get to fly in it.

I don't know how I'm going to make that work, but I'm going to try and figure out a way.





No comments: