I know what you're thinking, and I did that deliberately. The best what? Best ice cream? Best Certified Public Accountant? Best place to get a beer and watch the game?
No, none of those things. It's another one of the lists, this time the "Best Small Town in Your State", on the discoverer.com blog.
Out of curiosity, of course, I read the list to see which ones I've been to. Six of them; I need to get out more. Maryland has Oakland, actually a long haul from most of the state. Illinois has Galena, which I haven't been to, but I've been to Galesburg. A couple of them are touristy, like Branson in Missouri and Helen in Georgia and Leavenworth in Washington and Bar Harbor in Maine (one of the six I've been to).
I'll finish this with a picture of one I'd like to visit: Meredith, New Hampshire. Looks good in every season.

No comments:
Post a Comment