Sunday, March 17, 2013

Things like this make me concerned


Not good news for penguins.  I hate seeing news like this, because it confirms what I think I already know about the state of the world.

Penguins in Antarctica at Serious Risk as Ice Melt Continues (VIDEO)

(Question to the skeptics:  how can this be happening if Antarctic sea ice is increasing?)

"According to a new report by NBC News' Kerry Sanders, the welfare and existence of at least half of the world's 18 penguin species will be negatively impacted if the warming of the Antarctic Peninsula persists. Experts say that a big part of the problem is related to food: Less ice means less krill, a cornerstone of the Antarctic ecosystem and a mainstay of a penguin's diet."

I've got to take a closer look at the state of the krill.


No comments: