Friday, September 6, 2013

A real 'Whatever Happened To...?" mystery



Most of the time when I post a "Whatever Happened To...?" article, I've found something about what happened to them.  But in this case, I haven't.   And this goes back to the days of my youth.

There was a beautiful redheaded actress and model named Brooke Mills.  She was on some TV shows, did some prison-girl movies (for which she was actually noted as doing a credible job of acting), and also posed for Penthouse when Penthouse was still pretty tame.  For some strange reason that I don't recall, I had that particular issue. And then, in 1977, she did her last acting gig, and disappeared.

Literally ... to the point that there isn't anything else about her anywhere, except for one thing.  Read on.

So I wondered again what happened to Brooke Mills, and I did a little searching, and I found this Web site.  With some images.  One of them is of Brooke Mills.  It's the only other thing with Brooke Mills in it that I've ever found.   

Oh yeah, she's nude.  But it's art.  

(As an aside, Peter Gowland was a famous glamour photographer who dabbled in acting.  Do an image search with his name and see what he did and who he shot.)

So I wonder what happened to her.  I suspect she did the normal regular thing of getting married, having kids, and dropping out of sight from the Hollywood media.   And she was, after all, just a starlet, and they come and go.  But still, it seems surprising that there's nothing on her current where- and do-abouts, anywhere.
So if you're reading this (and I know very few people do), and you know something about whatever happened to Brooke Mills, tell me.  I'd just like to know.


No comments: