Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sharapova comes back all the way


I watched the French Open women's final; it was closer than the final score indicated. Errani had several opportunities to make it really interesting, and she provided a couple of drop shots that made Maria work a lot more than I think she expected or wanted to.  But despite some double faults at bad places, Sharapova started strong and stayed more consistent.  I don't know why I empathized so much with a multimillionaire gorgeous blonde Russian, but you could sense in her determination to get back to Grand Slam finals, and then finally win one again, that she's more than just a pretty face and athletic body;  she wants to be a champion, too.

And that I find admirable.  As well as the lovely rest of her.

And may I say, after the match was over, when she was bending over to put her equipment in her bag and clearly you could see she was wearing lacy red underthings under that LBTD (little black tennis dress) -- I'm sure that appealed to the French men in the audience.   Image-searching with 'Sharapova' and 'French Open' will certainly provide some examples.  I know, trust me.





Maria Sharapova wins French Open, career Grand Slam

French Open:  the women

No comments: