Friday, July 12, 2019

And after all, he has to help with the kids


Just read that soccer player Peter Crouch, who I've followed sometimes mainly because he is married to the luminously delectable model Abbey Clancy, has retired after a long and pretty successful career.

PETER CROUCH RETIRES: If you had told me I would get 42 England caps, play in finals for Liverpool and score to fire Tottenham into the Champions League, I would have had you locked up... I've had the time of my life


He says it's due to being relegated to limited playing time as a substitute.  But considering that he just had his fourth child with the aforementioned Abbey, maybe there was some urging on the homefront to call it a career and stay home with the tykes.  This last one (who apparently he wanted to name Divock after a championship-game-goal-scoring Liverpool FC player, but Abbey might not be on board with that) was apparently a bit of an unplanned surprise, given that they also have a one-year-old, too.





No comments: