Saturday, March 7, 2020

World champion cheese


The World Champion Cheese of 2020 is Swiss cheese.

To be precise, it's a Gruyère, specifically the Gourmino Le Gruyère AOP, which just plain sounds good.  I've had Gruyère, though not the world champion kind, and I really like it.

Second place was the Gallus Grand Cru, a hard cow's milk cheese.   Third place was a Gouda, the Lutjewiinkel Noord Hollandse Gouda PDO.

I learned all about this from the Wisconsin Farmer:

Gruyere from Switzerland named 2020 World Champion

For all the results of this exciting contest (if you're into cheese, it's exciting), here's the Web site:

World Championship Cheese Contest

There is a video, but I wish there were pictures of the top cheeses, something like this (this is a picture from this year's contest): 












Better yet, samples of the top cheeses, but I'd be in lactose overload well before I could try them all.

Full results



No comments: