Sunday, January 16, 2022

I know how I feel about this


I read the news that right-wing talk show host and pundit Glenn Beck has been infected with COVID-19 a second time.

He wasn't vaccinated and isn't vaccinated.  He also said that the infection is into his lungs, and he's getting treated with hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin.

Good luck with that, Glenn.

'It's a little bit disturbing': Unvaccinated talk radio host Glenn Beck, 57, says he has COVID for a second time and it's moved to his lungs: Reveals he's being treated with ivermectin and hydroxy

Beck has other risk factors, such as being substantially overweight.

So, after I read the news, I pondered how I felt about it.

I don't really want Mr. Beck to suffer. However, I can't help that, because he's already suffering. Because it's out of my hands, I'm glad he is, because he's stupid for not getting vaccinated.  And suffering might teach him a lesson. And one would hope that if it does, he'll tell a lot of his followers about it, because the right-wing radio hosts that have railed against the government, and COVID, and Biden, and against vaccination, and subsequently got infected and DIED, haven't apparently had enough of an impact.  So maybe Beck will have a deathbed conversion and admit his stupidity.  And then we can all point out that the stupidity stems from being a right-wing conservative talk show host and pundit, and that so many of the things that these guys are saying and doing are leading many other people to do stupid and dangerous things.

You might notice I said "deathbed conversion".  That might be what it takes, getting close to death. I don't really want him to die, though.  Because he's better off to the rest of us converted and not dead. And then telling everyone he was stupid for not getting vaccinated, and he was made stupid because of his political and social beliefs.

I don't know if that will happen.  But that's what I'd like to happen.  

That's how I feel about it.

 

No comments: