Sunday, July 7, 2024

Wimbledon women's singles 2024

 

As I was going to say, going into week 2 of the fortnight, my top 3 picks for the winner on the women's side are Elena Rybakina, Jelena Ostapenko, and Coco Gauff.

Well, those were my picks. Gauff got surprisingly knocked out by fellow Yank Emma Navarro a few hours before I wrote this.

So now who's my third pick?  I'm going to go with Paolini. Which basically means I'm going with the top seeds, except for Danielle Collins, who is seeded 11th compared to Ostapenko's 13th seed.

Ostapenko looks fit, and she smashes the ball, which should work on the grass. 

Rybakina looks like Rybakina, which is to say, d*mn.










I will mention the men;  Sinner or Alcaraz should win it.  I'd really like to see Zverev win one, but I just don't think he has both the game and the resolve to take the championship.



No comments: