Wednesday, August 30, 2017

FANTASTIC weather photography contest photos


As I've mentioned before, I really like photography contests. Especially nature photography contests -- the reason for that being that the nature photographers get to places that I'll never get to, take pictures of things I'm very unlikely to see in person, and also take these photographs in a way that makes them dramatic and striking.

The weather photographs in the Daily Mail article linked below are prime examples. And I'll also note that in some cases the photographers took risks that I'd be unwilling to take to get these shots.  And likely also endured some uncomfortable conditions, too.

Fog rainbows, crashing waves and churning clouds: The awe-inspiring images that have made the shortlist for the Royal Photographic Society's annual weather snap contest

Here is just one fantastic example.




No comments: