Sunday, August 27, 2017

Where we're going


Back in my post entitled "Coming Attractions", I asked if anybody knew the significance of the Google Street View scene I posted.

Well, unsurprisingly (because hardly anyone reads my blog), nobody identified it.  So I'll tell you where it is and why it's significant.  It's in the city of Miami, Florida, and it's where the famous Highway 41 starts.  It's literally the intersection of Brickell Avenue and SE 7th Street, which is also known as Highway 41 and Florida 90. I don't know when it stops being Florida 90;  I expect that we'll find out along the way.

So what I'm going to do is use Google Street View to travel Highway 41 end-to-end.  I'm going to show highlights along the way.  It's a famous highway (even mentioned in a couple of country-and-western songs).

So here we go.



Still in the city, at SW 52nd Avenue.



Intersection with Florida 826



Florida International University



On the outskirts of Miami - it's flat.



Miccosukee Resort and Gaming, across from the notorious Krome Detention Center

Next stops -- highlights of the Everglades.

No comments: