Thursday, November 30, 2023

Applause and many kudos

 


After the tragic mass shooting in Maine, at least one Congress member, a Democrat who had avidly supported gun rights, decided enough was enough.

Even though Jared Golden is a Democrat, he had a perfect gun-rights voting record.

This is one of the things he said:

“The time has now come for me to take responsibility for this failure, which is why I now call on the United States Congress to ban assault rifles, like the one used by the sick perpetrator of this mass killing in my hometown of Lewiston, Maine,” said Golden, who represents a largely rural district that includes Lewiston.

“To the victims and their families,” he said, “I ask for your forgiveness and support as I seek to put an end to these terrible shootings.”
To which I say:

We need more Congressperson like you, Rep. Golden. Particularly Republican congresspersons.

No comments: