Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Does 'puzzled' count?


One of my Undangerous Predictions for 2015 was this:

"10.    The Dawn mission will discover something “surprising”, “unexpected” or “unexplained” about Ceres.  One of those words will be used in an article about the discovery."

So in this article about the newest, closest pictures of Ceres from Dawn, this quote occurs:

 " "As we slowly approach the stage, our eyes transfixed on Ceres and her planetary dance, we find she has beguiled us but left us none the wiser," said Chris Russell, principal investigator of the Dawn mission, based at UCLA. "We expected to be surprised; we did not expect to be this puzzled." "

So... 'surprised' is used, and I could probably go with that.  'Puzzled' isn't one I called out (though it's a lot like 'unexplained').  I could probably take this as a fulfilled prediction right now, but there will be a lot more written about Ceres in the next few weeks.  I'll be patient a little longer.



No comments: