Thursday, February 26, 2015

Unexpectedly, I get an Undangerous Prediction right!


Well, it's almost March, so I'm glad that one of my Undangerous Predictions has come out accurate.

And I want to know what those things are, too.

In this article:
"Bright Spot" on Ceres has Dimmer Companion

we find this sentence paragraph - I added the underlining:

"The brightest spot continues to be too small to resolve with our camera, but despite its size it is brighter than anything else on Ceres. This is truly unexpected and still a mystery to us," said Andreas Nathues, lead investigator for the framing camera team at the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research, Gottingen, Germany."

And in my Undangerous Predictions for 2015, published January 21, 2015, I wrote:

"10.    The Dawn mission will discover something “surprising”, “unexpected” or “unexplained” about Ceres.  One of those words will be used in an article about the discovery."

Yup, nailed it.

Now, what the heck are those bright spots, anyway?






No comments: