Thursday, February 19, 2015

Why was this stuck in my mind?


For some reason, I woke up a couple of days ago with the name "Aberystwyth" rattling around in my brain.  I finally had a chance to try and figure out why.  It wasn't too hard for me to figure out that it was English or Scottish.  (I was wrong - it was Welsh.)

The best I can figure is that I read about some of the people that identified the image of the lost "Beagle" lander on Mars, just recently captured in images acquired by the remarkable Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

As in this article: Aberystwyth University scientists helped spot Beagle 2 Mars lander

Well, while doing my research and finally ascertaining this, I discovered that Aberystwyth is a unique and interesting place, and quite scenic, too.

Welcome to Aberystwyth

The guide to Aberystwyth


Aberystwyth waterfront:




No comments: