Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sadly, an Edgy Prediction is correct


I made several Edgy Predictions at the beginning of the year.  The idea of these was that very few on the list were likely to actually happen.  But I knew that one of them was one of those things that unfortunately can occur on this restless planet with regularity.

Here it is again.

6.    A major earthquake or tsunami, or both together, will cause a minimum of 2,000 fatalities.

As you probably know, a major earthquake hit Nepal on Saturday, April 25.   As the BBC is reporting now, the confirmed death toll is now over 3,000.  ("Nepal earthquake:  death toll rises above 3,000").

So clearly I did get that prediction right.  I'm not surprised.  But that doesn't mean I'm happy.

[Checking my Edgy Predictions, a different one was that Hillary Clinton would declare a candidacy for President.  Well, she did that, so as of now, I've got two Edgy Predictions correct.  

It's a start.


No comments: