Wednesday, May 3, 2017

What's a cortado?


Alton Brown of the Food Network occasionally posts about having a cortado to get him going in the morning.  I was pretty sure that a cortado was some kind of coffee-based drink, confirmed when he posted a picture of himself drinking it.  But I didn't know what it really was.

Then I found this article:

What's the difference between a flat white and a cortado?

It includes a picture of a flat white and a cortado.

Now that I know what it is, I want to try one.  (I've had a Starbucks flat white a couple of times.)  Apparently, "nearby" me (meaning either the ~90 minute drive to Baltimore or the ~60 minute drive to Washington) there are coffee shops that serve up cortados.  Though I don't have any trips to the "big city" scheduled this month, even though I might suddenly get a call to do a report, I should be in Baltimore in June.  I'll have to remember then to get myself a cortado.


What one version looks like:




No comments: