Saturday, August 24, 2024

This could be crazy

 

I don't know about you, but I had to read (and write at least one paper about) the Samuel Beckett play Waiting for Godot

It wasn't easy to write a paper about, because frankly, I didn't understand it. I'm not actually sure that the play is meant to be understood. 

Here's a review from 1956. I don't think much has changed about it since then.

Beckett's 'Waiting for Godot'

The reason I'm bringing this up is that Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter, who starred together in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (and maybe a sequel? I don't want to search to find out) are going to star in a re-staging of the play on Broadway.

Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter to Star in ‘Waiting for Godot’ on Broadway
" In “Godot,” Reeves will play Estragon and Winter will play Vladimir, who banter and bicker while waiting for a mysterious figure who never arrives. “Those characters take solace in their companionship as they stumble toward the void,” Lloyd said, adding, “that’s going to be the central thesis of the production, with Keanu and Alex’s own friendship.” "

It could definitely be interesting, even with aspects of crazy, even if you don't understand it, which I'm pretty sure you won't.  Go get your tickets. 

Promo image:



No comments: