Friday, October 4, 2013

A snippet about Brooke Mills


A very short time ago, I posted a "Whatever Happened to..." article about the beautiful model and actress Brooke Mills.   I called it a mystery, because I don't know what happened to her.  But I have been indefatigably curious about her, and I did a little more searching, and I found a mention of her in a book that Amazon has online, entitled Close Encounters of the Worst Kind by Philip Lambro.

So here it is:  it turns out that Brooke was married to a mostly editor, slightly director named David Rawlins.   His directing credit is an episode of Rod Serling's Night Gallery, entitled "The Tune in Dan's Cafe", which had as one of its co-stars, get this - Brooke Mills.  Now, I'd found that credit before, but didn't know that the director was Brooke's husband.   According to the book, one of Rawlins' most noted editing jobs was on Saturday Night Fever.

But wait, there's more.  In the book, it turns out Brooke became pregnant by David around 1974, and they only had one child.  This is where I think it gets interesting.  Because Brooke stopped acting after 1977, when her child would've been 2 1/2 to 3 years old.   Which makes me suspect that she retired from show business to raise the child, presumably drawing child support from the relatively successful David Rawlins.  But that's just a theory.

So here's my inspiration.  Even though I don't know where Brooke is, I might be able to locate David Rawlins.  Big maybe, because there's one post on his entry from someone else looking for him, which isn't promising.  However, if it's possible to find David, maybe he knows what happened to Brooke Mills.   On the other hand, he may have died (IMDB isn't clear, neither are any references about him), so that would make it harder.

But I sure would still like to know what happened to her.






7 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny, I was also just looking for her too. Beautiful woman.

Aitch said...

Please post if you find anything. I'm researching "whatever happened to" -- the glamour/nude models of the 50-70s. I know Brooke was one of glamour photographer Peter Gowland's favorite models.

nocautradio said...

Hi there, any updates on Brooke? Maybe searching for her real name?
Thanks!

mjp321 said...

She's living in Texas now, with (I think) her third husband.

nocautradio said...

2024 and we are still looking for her, any updates? mjp321 maybe?

mjp321 said...

As I mentioned in my previous post, she is currently living in Texas. I contacted her in order to get some comments for my website about "glamour photographers of the 1950s and 60s". You can probably find my site by using Google and there you can read her comments about four photographers that she worked with - Peter Gowland, Bruno Bernard, Frank Bez and Larry Caye.

nocautradio said...

Thanks mjp321, what a wonderful site you created and those were magical times! I read Brooke's comments, Love it! I remember having a set of cards with nude models on them, it was very rare, I still have some of those cards on some old drawer. Thank you!